CONTENT MOVED TO APPEARENCES PAGE. OKAY TO DELETE THIS PAGE LATER. - bd
Creative Writing Workshops in New England and Beyond
I’ve been leading writing workshops with adults and teens for 16 years. As well as a degree in teaching and extensive experience in writing, editing and publishing, I have an in-born capacity to listen, inquire and empathize. Quite simply, I believe that people can and must tell their individual stories. And it’s my privilege to create that space in which the magic happens. Scroll down to read evaluations from past students and program directors.
She is a very clear and demanding speaker who holds your attention, makes you laugh, and says a lot of very true things that make you think, and keep thinking. She has a soft voice and wields this power gently; the overall impression is of kindness, hilarity, and respect ... If you get a chance to meet Ms. Greaney or attend one of her workshops, I highly recommend it."
Student, Unicorn Writers Conference
Contact me to set up a workshop for your organization.
Writer with a Day Job How to find and keep the balance between your paid job, your family commitments and your writing life
Ready! Steady! Write! - Learn to set up and stick to a writing schedule, including daily journaling
Your Long Story Short - Learn the craft of writing the personal essay
Irish Lies & Irish Lives - Write and read the Irish short story, Ireland’s signature literary form.
Once Upon your Life - Craft your true and family stories into lively, well-constructed short fiction
Your Work to the World - Prepare and edit your work for publication in literary magazines and other publications
Lights! Camera! Writing! - Watch the movies and learn about writing narrative
Darling, You’re Making a Scene! - Whether you’re writing a personal essay or a fictional story, live-action scenes are the building blocks of your narrative. Learn what makes a scene come alive and really ‘work’ within that story.
Past Workshop Venues:
- Unicorn Writers Conference, CT
- The Cape Cod Writers Conference
- The New Hampshire Writers Project
- Ocean Park Writers Conference
- The Seacoast Writers Association Fall Conference
- The North Shore Young Writers Conference
- Blackstone Public Library
- Barnstable Public Library
- Norwood Public Library
- Irish Arts Week, N.Y.
- The Frank O’Connor Festival of the Short Story, Cork, Ireland
- Mayo Writers, Ireland
- Emerson College, Boston
- The Governors Academy
Past Presentation/Lecture Venues:
- Salem State College Reading Series
- Arkansas Literary Festival
- California State University, Chico
- Newburyport Literary Festival
- The Eire Society of Boston
- The Governors Academy
- University of North Florida Irish Studies Lecture Series
- University of St. Louis, Missouri Irish Studies
- Chester College of New England - writer in residence
- Autumn Oracles, Dublin, New Hampshire
- American Irish Historical Society, N.Y.
- Libraries: Newburyport, Beverly, Ipswich, Topsfield, Norwood, Stratham (N.H.) and Fishkill (N.Y)